Dear Sir or Madam,
You are cordially invited to attend the 20th International Conference of the Society for Medical Innovation and Technology (SMIT) to be held at the prestigious campus of the historic university hospital Altes AKH in Vienna (Austria) from 28 - 30 August, 2008. The 2008 SMIT International Conference is shaping up to be one of the most exciting and important meetings in the medical innovation field with a particular focus on image guided interventional oncology and endoluminal surgery NOTES and NOSCAR.
Topics for SMIT 2008
- Tumor Ablation and Interventional Oncology
- Endoluminal Surgery NOTES and NOSCAR
- Surgical Manipulators and Image-guided Robotics
- Hybrid OR, Work Flow and Systems Integration
- Nanotechnology and Microsystems in Medicine
- New Instruments and New Materials
- Rapid Prototyping in Medicine
- MRI Safety
- Navigation and Augmented Reality
- Molecular Imaging and Targeted Drug Delivery
- Model based Therapy, Numerical Simulation and Training
These topics will be presented by an international forum of outstanding endoscopic surgeons, interventional radiologists, biomedical engineers and industrial instrument manufacturers. Session will be organized in collaboration with TATRC, MMVR, Scottish Northern Research Partnership NRP.
Plan to join us and spend a few days learning, participating in stimulating discussions, networking and sharing ideas with SMIT members and other attendees. We are looking forward to seeing you next August.
Welcome to Vienna, welcome at SMIT 2008!
Dr. Joachim Kettenbach
SMIT 2008 President
Dr. Gernot Kronreif
SMIT 2008 Co-President